January 24, 2012

Day 17 - 21 : "Je suis malade." Sick in Paris. It could be worse.

Sorry I've been MIA the last couple of days, but unfortunately caught a cold over the weekend and have been trying to fight it off ever since. I must say it's not fun at all getting sick abroad, especially in a country where you can't speak the language well... Learned that lesson the hard way unfortunately while searching for cough medicine à la pharmacie this weekend.  Despite bringing my Visual French Dictionary with me to the store, I still had a tough time trying to read all the labels and figure out which medicine to get (...it turns out my Dictionary wasn't comprehensive enough). Admittedly, after awhile I got lazy--ended up just settling for Vicks cough drops, which surprisingly was all that I needed (along with fluids and sleep). Not exactly sure what kind of cough drops I got, but let's just say it definitely tasted a lot stronger than the usual ones I buy at home. Now, if only I could fix all of my illnesses with it, I'd be sorted here in France!

Anyway, after being cooped up in my apartment all weekend nursing my cold, I finally started feeling better this morning, enough to drag myself out of bed and get some good ol' comfort food to help cheer me up (well, at least my stomach!). While browsing the junk food aisle at the supermarché, I came across this insanely amazing bag of awesomeness... Lay's Cheeseburger-flavored chips

Amazing bag of awesomeness | Lay's Max Craquant Saveur Cheeseburger Chips

Yes, you read that right--CHEESEBURGER! Anyone who knows me well knows that I love, loveLOVE cheeseburgers!

Of course, I had to buy the chips the moment I saw it--though, mostly because I was skeptical as to whether Lay's could really make a chip that tastes like a real cheeseburger. Well, amazingly, the answer is YES!! When I first opened the bag, I was pleasantly surprised when I got a whiff of what really smelled like a proper cheeseburger. A bite later, I was shocked by how well Lay's had managed to emulate the burger taste--from the yumminess of a grilled meat patty down to the ketchup, mustard and hint of pickle! Thank goodness the bag was small, because I pretty much devoured it this evening... Luckily, realizing I was still a bit tired to run to the store to get another bag, I stop myself from finishing the whole thing in one sitting--saved a couple chips for tomorrow :-)

Though, as I sit here staring and drooling at the almost empty bag, I can't help wonder, "Why don't they sell these in the States?!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment