January 7, 2012

Day 3 : Out and about... Being Parisian.

While wandering around Paris today, the sight of this window display stopped me dead in my tracks...! "Why are there dead rats hanging in the window?!?!"

I must have blatantly looked like a tourist or foreigner, because soon after a nice Parisian man came up to me. He quickly explained to me that this window display was actually about the history of France. "Really?" I replied,"What's the story behind the rats?" If you want to hear the rest, remind me the next time I see you, and I'll happily explain. For now, I shall let you enjoy the lovely pictures below... :-)


Apparently this store is a landmark... | Destruction des Animaux Nuisibles (1er arrondissement)


Supposedly the hanging dead rats display has stayed the same since the store opened in in 1875! | Destruction des Animaux Nuisibles


As I took this picture, the nice Parisian man shook his head and said "I fear this will be the only picture you take of Paris and show to your friends back home...What will the Americans think of Paris now?!" | Window display of Destruction des Animaux Nuisibles


Stuffed dancing rats... maybe cute? surely not. | Window display of Destruction des Animaux Nuisibles


Unlike the rats, I actually didn't mind the insect art. Reminds me of Christopher Marley | Destruction des Animaux Nuisibles


No comments:

Post a Comment